Lothian and Borders Electrical is a family run business with over 40 years experience in the electrical industry and engineering. Proprietor Robert Colvin started his electrotechnical career in the local Midlothian Coal Mining industry and then progressed onto starting his own Electrical company in 1995 which evolved to incorporate the Commercial and Domestic sectors. Due to this vast and varied background Lothian and Borders Electrical can offer you the following electrical services:
We are one of Scotland’s leading electrical contractors offering a reputable service focusing on cost effective solutions, along with professional advice on the design of your electrical installations. We are an approved and accredited NICEIC (National Inspection Council for Electrical Installation) contractor and are environmentally and safety focused. Our extremely experienced electricians operate to the highest standards of workmanship at all times anywhere in the United Kingdom.
Here are some of our customer range:
- Mine and Quarry Plant
- Workshop Machinery Specialists including DC braking
- Asphalt and Concrete Batching Plant
- Recycling and Waste Management
- Food Production Premises
- Agricultural Developments including Grain Management and Drying Systems
- Defence sector bespoke electrical installations
- Renewable Energy installations
- Domestic Premises installations and upgrades
- Commercial Premises installations and upgrades
Control Panels and Automation
Bespoke Control panels designed and built totally around the customers specifications and requirements, guaranteeing the highest quality product to suit any budget.
Here are some of our specialties within this sector:
- Control Panel Design, Builds, Installations and Commissioning
- PLC and HMI Programming and Debugging
- Design and Installations of SCADA Systems
- Inverter, Soft-start and Sequencing Integration Specialist
Electrical Maintenance and Breakdowns
We provide our clients with a 24 hour 7 days a week emergency call out service, so that all customer bases can keep industry moving. We aim to attend breakdowns as soon as physical possible to enable our support to get you going and saving you money on downtime. We can also design you an elecrtical maintenance program to suit your needs, which would help minimise breakdown of equipment and unnecessary downtime.
Electrical Inspection and Testing
Using our approved electricians we adhere to all BS 7671 electrical regulations and industry codes of practice.
Here are some of the services we provide in this sector:
- Fixed Installation Testing
- Thermographic Imaging Testing
- Portable Appliance Testing (PAT testing)
Please feel free to get in touch for a free quotation or electrical installation advice today.